General Reporting Procedures
You can increase the chance that your bug will be fixed quickly by using the proper format and content. These guidelines will provide you with a framework to properly write an effective report.
- Be specific.
- Use clarity. Succinct bullet points are helpful.
- Refrain from using CAPS for sentences or whole words anywhere in your report.
- Include at least one attachment (video, image, log, etc.) with each report.
- Reports that do not contain at least one attachment will be rejected.
- Report on all bugs, no matter how small they may seem.
- Prepare a separate report for each bug detected.
- Reports should include facts only; do not try to speculate about what happened.
- Use a recent software build to reproduce your bug before preparing a report.
- Always check the database to see if your bug has already been reported.
- Do not submit a duplicate bug report or it will be rejected.